30 December 2006

Update completed

Two days ago we had the update. Pretty much everything went fine, with a few small exceptions such as minor map issues, outdated knowledge list, the Linux binary not being compiled with the new special effects and the new hair colors not working.
All those problems have been adressed yesterday, thanks to the autoupdate feature which enabled us to update some bad files.

The players seem to be pretty happy, so far there were no complaints. With the update we also started to remove the expired p2p races (those who paid for only one year). Most of them got some bonus time, up to 6 months. There were no particular problems related to that either, except for a few people that had their p2p expire prematurely (they all got it back, of course).

The next thing I will be doing is implementing a new metal in the game, metal that will be used only for magic items, especially medallions. This will give the crafters new things to do, and the harvesters will get their very own medallion somewhere in January.

Meanwhile, I started playing the game too (under a new, secret character). It's pretty fun to play, and I already found a few problems that were addressed this update (such as too few wolves). As I level up, I hope to find other bottlenecks so I can fix them as well.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, was just wondering if the new storages were coming soon? We really need it on Arius, its one of the only spots for gypsum now...

31/12/06 00:53  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thing you are trying to play your own game. I hope you will also try to level in other skills and not only in a/d. I think it's the best way to make the game better by playing it yourself and to see that players aren't bitching for fun about things...

31/12/06 17:43  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i completly agree with comment above, good thing that u play eL now :)

( masterpiter again, i slowly think that i will have 2 register since i post comments as anonymous whis isnt very pr0:P)

1/1/07 05:14  
Blogger Radu said...

With this character I am doing attack, defense, magic and harvesting. I might start other skills soon, but I don't have enough time to develop it in a multilateral way.

3/1/07 18:26  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is great that you are playing a char in game. That is probably why I have noticed a heck lot of improvement on game play, the new monsters, the arena now cutting people off at certain levels, the stone for summoning, and my favorite improvement of all time, the auto mixer.

6/1/07 19:11  
Blogger Radu said...

Actually, all those changes you mentioned were there (or on the to do list) before I started to play.
Some changes that were implemented because of me playing the game are putting a few more wolves and foxes (there was a fight on the spawns).

7/1/07 19:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home