30 July 2006

Taking a small vacation

The last week or so nothing important happened in EL, just various bug fixes, and some frustration regarding the 1.3.1 update, where I released 2 clients already, and none of them work properly.
The first one didn't have the proper version number, the second one crashed on exit, and this 3rd one still has a problem with the music, so I am waiting to see if it's going to be fixed tomorrow. If not, we'll go for the update anyway, because we'll be going over to Romania for 2 weeks on 3rd of August, so I'd like to have this update before I leave.

After I come back, I'll start working on some new stuff, such as a slightly smarter AI, summoning stones, and so on. Meanwhile, Learner will start working at importing and porting the BM stuff to Eternal Lands, so that we can have dynamic maps, dynamic resources, and so on.

My solar panel USB charger is finally ready, I got the USB charger from Hong Kong a few days ago, so I can charge it from the solar panels, then I can charge my cellphone from it (so basically it acts as an energy storage, for those cloudy days, or for when I take the cellphone with me).
I will take some pictures of it before I leave, and post them when I get back.

On a totally different note, Iron Maiden is going to release their newest album on 5th of September, and I can't wait to buy it. Meanwhile, they were nice enough to make available for free one of their new songs, which you can find here:
http://www.ironmaiden.com/article.php?section=1&subsection=1&article_type=&article_id=1324

2 Comments:

Blogger Donny said...

Sounds like you'll be having some fun. I'm in Chicago currently staying with my girlfriend busy still working on crap for work. Wish I had more time for my own project but that will soon come once I possibly switch jobs to something a bit less demanding on the programming side and more of a PC Tech at a local steel mill near Hermitage. I've never been to Romania would like to visit some day, I'm not even sure if I still have relatives there or not, probably do somewhere.

Have a safe and fun trip.

2/8/06 00:51  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I like the coming of the summoning stones, but I hope the new furs will not be forgotten, I would really like to summon tigers, leopards, ferans, etc... I hope this can be done,

thx in advance :)

5/8/06 20:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home